Seneca Harbor Wine Center
The year 1873 saw the construction of a “nearly fire proof” Italianate brick building by local businessman, Charles Sherwood Frost. Home to the Schuyler Iron and Agricultural Works the building would soon be tested on how fire proof it really was. On January 16, 1884 an explosion was felt throughout the entire village of Watkins. Significant damage was sustained, but after only six weeks Frost had the building open for business. Now, 140 years later the Ironworks building is occupied by Pleasant Valley Wine Company of Hammondsport, NY and is open for wine tastings where knowledgeable staff can chat about both wines and the long and storied history of this building. Built in 1873, this Italianate brick building was the Schuyler Iron and Agriculture Works. It is now the Seneca Harbor Wine Center. Stop in for wine tastings where knowledgeable staff can chat about both wine and the history of the building.
For more information on the Seneca Harbor Wine Center visit: